Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Live free or die trying (autobiography of a bird)


Live free or die trying
(Autobiography of a bird)

I was born to live free
To embrace life
But fate had other plans
Cause I was raised among humans
And they made other plans

I was young and small
When they brought me in
I was all alone
Away from my kith and kin

They put me in a golden cage
I was condemned there for all my age
They gave me everything
Along with a fare share of abuse
I tried everything but
None was of any use

They mistook my actions
As defiance
Told me to stop
 or I’ll lose their reliance

I was choking
As my spirits died within
When I realized,
There’s only one way
To end this misery
I tried and tried so hard
Came close and yet so far

But one day I broke free
From my moribund cage
Now I can do what
I wanted to do all my age


But fate had other plans
As my joy was short-lived
I was shot down
I fell to the ground

I fluttered in pain
Thinking of my maiden flight
As I outlived my dream
And died trying….

No comments:

Post a Comment